Here are some links, numbers and advice on what to do if you have been a victim of discrimination and/or if you want to become involved in combating racism, sexism, anti-Semitism and anti-LGBT+ hatred.
I've been a victim of discrimination, what should I do?
The website justice.fr provides definitions, resources and useful contacts so that you can
- refer the case to the Human Rights Defence Office (Défenseur des droits)
- obtain information on the complaint filing procedure
- file a pre-complaint online
You can also find and contact local victim support associations who will listen to you and give you support.
- By consulting the directory of victim support associations
- By looking for a legal aid organisation
- By approaching an association or institution engaged in anti-discrimination activity
More specifically, in terms of discrimination towards lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans people, there is Ligne Azur, an info and support system working to combat discrimination against LGBT+ and to prevent suicidal behaviour. This is specifically for people who are questioning their sexual orientation and/or gender identity.
- Find out more in our article on combating homophobia (in french)
- With regard to gender-based (and sexual) abuse, you can start with our dedicated area on étudiant.gouv.
Finally, there is a number for all victims, whatever type of attack or prejudice you have suffered: 116 006.
You can also contact the CROUS, whose social services support victims of abuse. Don't hesitate to contact the CROUS in your regional education authority. You can make an appointment on www.messervices.etudiant.gouv.fr, using the module "Make an appointment with the CROUS".
How to report racist, sexist, anti-Semitic or anti-LGBT+ content on the Internet
If you've seen racist, sexist, anti-Semitic or anti-LGBT+ content on the Internet, and you want to combat the spreading of hate messages on social media, report it on PHAROS, the official portal of the Ministry of the Interior.
For Higher Education professionnals,
on courses of action